Enrollment Is currently closed.
This offer, closed on August 9th, 2020. We will not be reopening the Library until next year.
Unlimited access to 26 collections of over 217 full length training videos. Lessons, insights and training, applicable to any style or martial system.
- Universal Concepts -
- Kata -
- History -
- Weaponry -
- Cultural Arts -
- Kumite -
- Kempo Curriculum -
- Connecting the Dots -
- Insights to Kosho Ryu -
- Magic -
- and much more.... -
With Bruce Juchnik, Hanshi.
Sei Kosho Shorei Kai, Intl.
This first part of the course, we start off with a discussion about James Mitose and the concept of contour hitting.
Here are a few items to keep in mind as you review this content over the coming weeks:
• The material is not specifically arranged in order of importance. All concepts in Kosho Ryu are inter-related and can be studied at any point in your training. Many of the concepts are different, but they are also the same.
• Self study and personal practice are important, but working with a partner or class will help drive home important points in the conceptual learning.
• While we must train safely with others, we must remember that your uke (attacker) is not a mannequin. The intent of the attack and subsequent movement must be delivered with the objective of doing you harm.
• The study of Kosho Ryu is vast. This course is only a snapshot of Kosho Ryu and is by no means the be all or end all. You must always seek new knowledge and understanding to further you along the path.
• Most importantly: Practice, practice, practice.
The Introduction to Kosho and the short Octagon videos are a good place to start. They will illustrate how timing of movement is more important than how to move (or execute a technique). While the footage is older, the concepts are relevant and timeless.